Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My fitting adjustments for Burda WOF shirts

So, why go to all that trouble when I already have a tried 'n true shirt pattern? I could have easily sewn a pleated front panel to my existing pattern.
True.
But now I have the alterations I need on any burda bodice. That's my hope, anyway!
Here it is: I finished the shirt yesterday and I love the fit. I will post photos as soon as I have sewn on the 19 (yes, 19!) buttons. I was too lazy to go out and buy them yesterday- I ordered them from Atlanta Thread and Supply. (cheaper, too!)

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading and seeing your two posts on preparing the Burda blouse by using your TNT. You are so thorough!
    I am sure the shirt fits you wonderfully, and cannot wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at my Burda Mag for the shirt... I love that shirt and am anxious to see yours :) Good for you for getting that perfect fit. I enjoy reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 buttons means 19 buttonholes...that's a whole lotta buttons! :) Can't wait to see the finished blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your shirt on PR, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo